Reroofing over an old roofing system can save considerable time and labor. However, you must consider all options, including a complete tear-off of the old roof when necessary. Always consult a roofing design professional to discuss your options. It’s also important to contact an engineering professional to ensure the building and roof structure are not overloaded by adding new material or making alterations to the roofing system. Additional reroofing considerations include:
• Always check local and state energy codes to determine whether it’s necessary to add insulation to a roofing system to meet minimum LTTR values.
• Always consult local and state building code requirements to ensure the design of a new roof meets all requirements.
• If wet or damaged insulation is present, it should always be removed and replaced during reroofing.
• Consider using a rigid coverboard or VersiFleece membrane to prevent punctures or in hail-prone regions.
• Design with future use in mind, including the potential installation of solar energy systems or amenity space like roof gardens and paver systems.
For more information, contact Matt Bade of Bade Roofing at 314-892-1331 or visit baderoofing.com.
Bade Roofing Company. Founded in 1954, Bade Roofing Company, Inc. is one of St. Louis, Missouri's premier family-owned and operated commercial and industrial roofing specialists. Bade Roofing installs roofing systems on major retail centers, grocery stores, hospitals, schools, warehouses and office buildings. www.baderoofing.com