Harsh winds and frigid temperatures can be devastating to St. Louis businesses, accelerating the aging process of roofs and potentially causing irreparable damage.
Our specialized team performs a thorough inspection of every nook & cranny on each rooftop—documenting any defects present in order to provide an accurate assessment along with cost-effective repair or replacement recommendations tailored specifically for you. Make sure that your business is protected all year round with help from the specialists at Bade Roofing!
Here are a few of the items we are looking for when our team inspects your roof:
- Water standing on the roof surface (Within 48 hours of the most recent weather event, there shouldn’t be any standing water on the roof surface)
- Roof surface discoloration
- Storage of material on the roof surface (Recommend removing)
- Loose, buckled, or damaged flashing
- Vegetation on or in contact with the roof surface
- Rust on metal pipe venting or other metal roof penetrations
- Gaps and or cracks in the caulking around roof penetrations, vents, HVAC units, antennas, skylights, etc.
- Any debris on roof surface, drains, and gutter systems (Debris holds water/moisture which can lead to roof surface deterioration and should be removed)
- Missing domes on roof drains
- Shingle or low-slope with granulated surfaces for excessive amounts of loose granules on roof surface as well as granules in drain or gutter systems
- Cracks, blisters, punctures, and "alligatoring” on roof surfaces
- Cracks in masonry parapets or caps
- Damaged, defective, or missing joints in masonry along roof edges
Any of these conditions will be noted in the inspector’s report and submitted to building management so the issues can be addressed.
Spring roofing maintenance is something you can do today that your future self will thank you for.